Thursday, February 10, 2011

Not for the Easily Offended....

Not that I am one to hold back, I will just warn that this blog might include things that are TMI!!! LOL 

Ok, I have a very good friend who means the world to me.  No one can brighten my day quite like him, he makes me smile and laugh, and whenever I am near him, I just feel happy.  He's not someone that I have to put on an act with, I can just be me.  We talk to each other about things going on in our lives, we can joke around, and we can also be brutally honest with each other without worrying that our friendship will change.  He is such a good guy, with a heart of gold and when I see the way he is with his daughter, it almost brings me to tears.  A lot of men out there could take lessons from him about what a real father acts like!  He's an awesome dad, friend, and person.  And I am so glad he is part of my life.  All of that being said, last night I saw something on FB (Yes, I know it's only FB and I am not 12 years old!) that sort of surprised me.  But since he is such a good friend, I only want the best for him and I want him to be happy!  So, I called up my best friend, Fredi, and she told me to just wait until I talk to him, and not to jump to conclusions, and to basically chill out! ;)  But, I was sad, and I woke up sad, and cried and cried some more... (This is where Fredi texted me and I will use nicer words but basically told me, "You are not really that upset, you are just PMSing."  I need to point out, that normally, she has to let me know this each month! LOL Since having my hysterectomy last year, I do not get warning signs that PMS is gonna hit...It just hits and hits hard! 

I decided I was tired of feeling sorry for myself, so I told Brandon it was time to go do some retail therapy, shopping!!!  We got in the car, and I got a text from the friend explaining the situation to me and I suddenly felt very stupid for getting upset!  So, I started crying more that I had wasted so many tears on something so irrelevant! Brandon was in the backseat saying, "Don't cry, Mommy! Don't be sad, Mommy!  Do you need a tissue???"  I wiped away my tears and started pulling out of the gas station.  I put down the sun visor, but moved it to the left by the window.  Since I was going around a turn, I pulled down the second visor (which I didn't even realize was there until today) to block the sun infront of me.  All of a sudden, I felt something fall on my head.  It shocked me so much, that I didn't have time to even see what it was.  I pulled into the store, and looked in my lap and it was 3 condoms.... I sat there in shock thinking WTF for a few seconds then burst out laughing hysterically.  I guess Jorge thought I needed some comic relief to my day.  I just am sooooo thankful that it was Brandon in the car with me and not Ryan or my mom or anyone else! LOL  Thank you, Jorge!

In case you might be wondering why the hell there would be condoms in my truck, it used to belong to Jorge.  I didn't start driving it until after he passed away.  So, I have been drving this thing for a year and a half having no clue there were condoms about 6 inches from my head this whole time! LOL

1 comment:

  1. See what I mean, you take every situation and see the positive! That is a great story and thank goodness Jorge knew you needed a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete