Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Count Your Blessings, Not Your Troubles....

   Tonight, I had a nurse at the hospital flat out tell me, "Man, you have a shitty life!"  Surprisingly enough, she is not the first person who has told me this! ;)  I know at times it seems like my life is one crisis after another (not self inflicted), that my life is FAR from perfect.  But you know what?  It's MY life!!!  I think I have a pretty damn good life!  Obviously I could have done without losing my son and his father to cancer.  And raising two young boys, one of which is autistic is hard.  And I wish my father was not ill.  But I have soooo many things to be thankful for!  I own a home, I have a car that gets me where I need to go, I am able to provide for my children, I have some of the most awesome and insane friends, I have parents who are soooo good to me, and I have two little boys who are my whole world!  The circumstances in my life do not make me.  It's what I have done with those circumstances that makes me the person I am today.  Do I have days where I am down and depressed?  Of course...I am only human... But for the most part, I am able to find something to smile about and be happy about EVERY DAY!

   I have people tell me, "Wow, I can't imagine going through everything you have been through without killing myself..."  Ummm, honestly, the thought has NEVER crossed my mind.  And to me, my life seems normal.  At this point, I can't imagine NOT going though the things I have been through.  I think I am more compassionate, more empathetic, have a better grip on reality than I did when I was younger, and am able to deal with life better because I can find humor or joy in the smallest things.   I don't feel like I am stronger than anyone else.  I just deal with life as it comes.  Do I complain?  Yes... Sometimes it gets to be too much... But people complain about a lot of things... I hear people complain about their jobs, their spouses, money, etc... Why shouldn't I be able to vent once in awhile?  It's NORMAL!!!  

   Anyway, before you judge someone else's life, take a look at your own.  I feel blessed everyday... I am able to smile, I am happy, and this is my life...not yours... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment